Boys: 2017 Elite; 2016 Elite & White; 2015 Elite, White & Blue, 2014 White & Blue; 2013 White & Blue; 2012 White & Blue; 2011 White & Blue; 2010 White & Blue; 2008 White & Blue; 2007 White & Blue; 2006 White; 2005 Elite (24 teams.)
Girls: 2015 Elite & White; 2014 Elite & White; 2013 White; 2012 White & Blue (7 teams.)
Girls: 2011 White, 2010 White, 2009 White, 2008 White & 2006 White
Boys: 2014, 2013 & 2012 Elite (Pre-Academy) & 2011 to 2005/6 (MLS)
Girls: 2013 & 2012 Elite (Pre-Academy) & 2011 to 2005/6 (DPL)
CENTRAL COAST ACADEMY (NORTH)
2023-24 (12 Month Season Fee Structure):
All 11v11, 9v9 & 7v7 Non Pre-Academy White & Blue Teams-
All Newly Formed (Spring of 2023) 9v9 & 7v7 Teams
All Affiliate (no Santa Barbara based) Teams-
Note: All players will be charged a one-time an annual $75 Field Development Fee for all Santa Barbara based teams.
Payments can be made either in full at the time of registration, or in 12 even monthly payments
What forms of payment will you accept for registration and subsequent payment installments?
We accept Visa, Master Card & American Express. Please note that there is a 3% convenience fee for using a credit card to make any payments. There is a 1.5% fee for all ACH/Debit transactions. EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2023 ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE VIA THE PLAYMETRICS SYSTEM WITH A CREDIT CARD/ACH CARD ON FILE. Cash and checks will no longer be accepted.
Do you offer discounts for families with multiple Santa Barbara SC players?
Yes. Families who register multiple players for the 2023-2024 season will receive a $100.00 discount on player registration for the 2nd and $200.00 on the 3rd and $300 on 4th and subsequent players.
Who do I contact if I have finance related concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding financial considerations including payment of fees or our need based scholarship program, please contact Laura Cheung
Financial Aid. 2023-24 Season
Santa Barbara SC is committed to providing a high caliber soccer experience for all players, regardless of their ability to pay. Each year, the Santa Barbara SC Board of Directors establishes a scholarship fund that is awarded to qualifying players to ensure that the club attracts and retains the highest pool of qualified talent in each age group. Through fundraising and corporate sponsorships, Santa Barbara SC is able to support its mission of educating and developing young athletes to their highest potential through the sport of soccer. For 2023-24 seasons, all scholarship applications must be completed online.
In order to apply for Financial Aid you must first be registered for Tryouts in the PlayMetrics System. Once you are registered for tryouts, choose “Financial Aid” on the left hand side. You will need a copy of your 2022 Tax Return to complete the application.(See below for a reminder on how to register for tryouts).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- No paper applications will be considered.
- All applications must be completed online.
- YOU MUST COMPLETE ONE APPLICATION FOR EACH PLAYER.
Upon completion of your application(s), a scholarship award will be determined (if eligible), and will be credited to your players account at the time that the player is invited.
Example – You apply for your child. They are eligible for and receive a $300 scholarship. Your child is then invited to a team. You will then receive an invitation to register your child in PlayMetrics. When you go back into your PlayMetrics App or Account, you will see that the cost of the program will automatically have been reduced by $300. You will then proceed to register your child and agree to the adjusted monthly payment plan.
To Register for Tryouts – PLEASE REPEAT THESE STEPS FOR EACH PLAYER.
- From a computer or mobile device, find the link for your players gender and birth year (see below).
- You will be prompted to create a new parent account. Please check your email after creating an account for a confirmation.
- You will be asked to log-in to the website or app, and then you will be prompted to “add a child”.
- Upon completion, you should receive a confirmation email. Additionally, you can look under your players name for “Registered Programs”.
- Don’t forget to download the PlayMetrics App from the Google or iTunes Store! Once you have the app, you can set alerts, notifications, and manage all of your players from the convenience of your phone!
Once Registered, you can open the App or log back into your account and choose “Financial Aid” on the left hand side. (You will need to upload a copy of your 2022 Tax Return into the application.)
Follow the prompts to complete the application.
If you have any questions regarding Financial Aid, please email Laura Cheung
For all NEW MALE (2017 to 2005 age groups) & FEMALE (2017 to 2012 age groups) PLAYERS wishing to be evaluated for our Santa Barbara Soccer Club (MLS & CSL) teams please click here
For all NEW FEMALE PLAYER (2011 to 2005 age groups only) wishing to try out or be evaluated for our Central Coast Academy (DPL & CSL) teams please click here
Santa Barbara County has cleared the way for Soccer to resume, with modifications, as long as certain COVID-19 indicators continue to be below threshold levels. To read more on the Return to Play Guidelines from the State and County, please click here.
- Must be registered: Must be a registered Santa Barbara SC Player for the 2020-21 Season or have registered to participate in tryouts. Click here to register.
- Must complete and sign waiver/release: A signed waiver and release for Communicable diseases (includes Covid 19) is required before your child can return to play. Note: if your waiver/release is not signed on the first day, your child will not be allowed to participate. Click here sign waiver.
- Review safer training plans: All players, coaches, parents, and administrators must review and adhere to the safer training plans. Click here to review.
All players and parents are encouraged to take the SafeSport training module, available here for free.
For all SBSC Staff, masks will be worn at all times. For Players, masks are REQUIRED at ANY TIME social distancing cannot be maintained.
Parents / spectators are NOT allowed to watch from anywhere at fields due to COVID. All parents are required to wear masks when in public spaces, per the County of Santa Barbara. NO PARENTS OR VISITORS ARE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD OR INSIDE THE GATES OF GIRSH TURF.
Drop off is ONLY at the Phelps Road Parking Lot; Pick up is ONLY at the Ice in Paradise side. There will be no exit on the Phelps Gate, and no entry at the Ice in Paradise gate. To reduce crowds entrances and exits are one way only.
Players driving are to park in the Phelps Road parking lot. Coaches will know who is needing to retrieve a vehicle from the Phelps exit and will escort players out of the facility.
Water. Players will NOT be allowed to use their own ball. Please limit what you bring to training camp. Each player will have a designated space to place his or her belongings. Equipment for Goalkeepers will be communicated directly from the Director of Goalkeeping.
- If a player develops symptoms of COVID-19, outside of camp participation, you are to contact the Executive Director immediately. From there, an assessment will be conducted, and if need be, the contract tracing and notification protocols will be activated.
- If a player becomes symptomatic during training camp, that player will be moved to an isolated area, and the Potential Exposure Assessment & Response plan will be activated immediately.
Santa Barbara SC has developed an approved response plan to address this issue should it arise. While every precaution will be taken, in the event that a player does fall ill, parents or any player who had, or could be reasonable assumed to have had contact, will be notified. This would include all players on any given team, as well as any players on the field before, during, or immediately after a known exposure, and prior to sanitization of facilities and equipment.
For additional information, please review the resources below:
- For soccer related Return to Play Guidelines, please click here.
- Santa Barbara Soccer Club COVID-19 Pandemic Prevention Plan (coming soon!)
- Santa Barbara Soccer Club – County of Santa Barbara RISE Safe Re-Opening Check List
- Santa Barbara Soccer Club – County of Santa Barbara RISE Prevention Plan
- COVID-19 INTERIM GUIDANCE: Youth Sports
Our virtual player tools educational platform provides players the opportunity and guidance to develop outside of the context of the regular training sessions. A few of our support features include technical skills videos, moves of the week, homework, skills challenges and mental strategies to improving your individual player development plan. The program as part of our curriculum was created to provide our players the tools to become much more confident and creative with the ball at our feet.