Ages. Pre-K to 4th grade Boys and Girls
Level. Beginner to Intermediate, recreational (pre-club) players
Location. Girsh Park Turf Field & Grass (7050 Phelps Road, Goleta, CA 93117)
Originally from New Jersey
USSF Licensed Coach
Coaching Experience with Monmouth Youth Soccer
15+ Year of Coaching Experience
2012, 2013 & 2014 Blue Boys
- April 1st- June 5th
- Offered Mondays, Tuesdays, & Wednesdays: Choose 1 or 2 days
- One (1-hour) practice between 3:30-6:30p.m.
- Specific age groups and session times will be determined and sent out before clinic start date.
- Registration coming soon.
Current Session- Winter Dates:
- Winter session ends on March 21st
- Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays= 3:30pm-4:30pm & 4:30pm-5:30pm
- Wednesdays= 4:00pm-5:00pm
- Training time slots may be adjusted.
- All registrants will be guaranteed the day(s) you register
- We will assign your session time slot no later than one week prior to clinic start date. Assignments are given to ensure the best training environment for your child. We will keep in mind siblings and buddy requests.
Choose one or two days per week. All fees due must be paid in full online and do not include 3% credit card service charge fee.
- Rates include a training shirt for all registrants (shorts & socks not included)
- Participants must wear the Santa Barbara SC issued training shirt to all clinic sessions.
- The below rates are the total due for the 10-week program:
- $195 for one day per week
- $320 for two days per week
Refund Policy or Cancellations:
- If you must cancel, please do so as early as possible.
- All payments are non-refundable unless Santa Barbara SC cancels the clinic
- No prorated fees available for late registrants.
Clinic. Teaches players to develop an appetite for self improvement while teaching individual character traits and values. The characteristics integrated into our curriculum can be broken down into four main areas for analysis: Psychomotor, Cognitive, Psychosocial and Cognitive Development.
Staff. Our professional licensed coaches strive for excellence at all times by planning, organizing and administering a comprehensive age appropriate development plan.
Typical Clinic Session. The program includes any of the below four pillars each week: Warm-Up, Session Topic, Character Development and Games.
Goals. Offer all motivated and talented youth players the opportunity to learn and develop both soccer and life skills in partnership with the highest quality professional coaches. Provide an opportunity for players to develop the necessary technique that is essential to the long-term growth and development of their game. We will organize, teach and discipline players to better understand the importance of a training regimen while creating com-fort with the ball. Players will be provided with a small-sided game environment that accentuates development and overall game understanding.
What to bring. Do not bring a ball. Wear proper soccer flats, sneakers, cleats, wear shin guards and bring a water bottle. Wear your Santa Barbara SC issued training shirt.
- What to wear? Registrants will receive a training shirt that must be worn to all clinic sessions. (Shorts & socks not included)
Check in & out. Please arrive at class 15 minutes prior to the start of each session and pick-up promptly at completion
Required practice shirt. Every child must wear the Santa Barbara SC issued training shirt to each practice. Please select a size at registration.
Refund policy or cancellations. All payments are non-refundable unless Santa Barbara SC cancels the Clinics.
Choose one or two days per week. Training shirt included with registration. All fees due must be paid in full online and do not include 3% credit card service charge fee.
What do I bring with me?
- Proper soccer shoes, sneakers, cleats
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Note: Do not bring a ball
How do I check in?
- First week only: Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to clinic start time to check-in, receive a name tag, collect your training shirt and meet your coach.
Where/When do I collect my training shirt?
- Collect your shirt at the check-in table on site at your first scheduled clinic session. (Included in price of clinic program.)
What should I wear to clinic?
- The clinic training shirt is required for all clinic sessions. Athletes must provide their own athletic shorts, socks, cleats, and shinguards.
Can I request to be in the same session as my friend?
- Simply fill in the friend request section on the registration form with the names of players you’d like to be grouped with.
- If the friends are the same birth year (or very close in age) this is typically not a problem.
- We cannot guarantee all requests but always try our best to accommodate.
What time will my clinic session be?
- Your athlete will be assigned a clinic time no later than 1 week prior to clinic start date. Groupings and session times are dependent on the age of the athletes that register so we cannot provide more specific session times until after registration is closed.
Am I guaranteed the day(s) I register for?
- Yes. Simply mark the specific day(s) on the form that you plan to attend. In the event that your athlete’s age group does not receive enough interest for the day you select, you will be eligible to receive a full refund.
Who coaches the practices?
- Clinics are lead by our club level coaches. You can learn more about our Clinic Director, Brian Hessinger, above.
Do you offer a sibling discount?
- Yes, $10 off each additional child will be automatically applied at checkout.
Are the Friday night games included in this program?
- No, if you’d like to join the recreation league for a game experience, you will need to register for the league separately. CLICK HERE to learn more.
What is the refund and cancellation policy?
- All payments are non-refundable unless Santa Barbara SC cancels the clinics.
Do you offer financial aid?
Santa Barbara SC has the capacity to provide some scholarship assistance for players’ families with financial need. CLICK HERE for the scholarship application. Submit the completed application along with required supplemental tax documentation to the Director of Recreational Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE DUE 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE PROGRAM START DATE.