Santa Barbara SC is pleased to introduce our recreation leagues:
Individual Players – Bring Your Friends – Form Your Own Teams- FUN!
Our recreation leagues are the perfect environment for players of all ages and ability levels to develop soccer skills. Our leagues offer players a fun, enjoyable, and safe environment for children to grow and love the game.
The recreation league is open to all boys and girls, Pre-K to 6th grade (2018-2010). It provides players with a game environment that increases touches on the ball, improves creativity, and enhances goal scoring opportunities; in a fun, safe, and enjoyable environment. The program is designed for recreation soccer players of all ages and abilities. Team formation and self-organized practices will begin the week of September 5, 2022 Teams are coached by parent volunteers.
Ages: Pre-K to 6th grade Boys and Girls (2018-2010)
Level: Beginner to Intermediate, recreational (pre-club) players
Location: Girsh Park Turf (7050 Phelps Road, Goleta, CA 93117)
Map: Click here for league map
- Fridays September 9 -November 11, 2022 from 4:00-8:00pm
- Rain/Weather Make-up Date: Friday, November 18, 2022
- Registration open NOW through August 26, 2022.
- Self-organized team practices will begin the week of September 5, 2022
- League will include a MINIMUM of 10 games
- Games will last approximately 50 minutes.
- Coed PreK-K Division= 4:00-4:55pm
- Boys 1/2 Division= 5:00-5:55pm
- Boys 3/4 Division= 4:00-4:55pm & 5:00-5:55pm
- Rates include 10 games (approximately 50 minutes each) and the uniform (jersey, shorts & socks.)
- $225 per player for a 10-week league season.
- Bring a full team and each player is eligible to receive a $25 discount. (Must email team roster to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering and she will supply your team-specific discount code. Team benefits cannot be applied retroactively.
- Volunteers needed for ‘Team Coach/Manager’
- Note: Volunteer coaches will need to complete a live scan prior to the start of season at their own expense. We recommend Lori’s Mobile Notary for quick service. (4390 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA 93110)
- Pre-K: 4v4 (max roster of 7)
- Grade 1-2: 4v4 (max roster of 7)
- Grade 3-4: 5v5 (max roster of 9)
- Grade 5-6: 7v7 (max roster of 12)
Game formats are tentative – we reserve the right to alter the format depending on the number of registrants, teams and what is best for the development of the player.
- Teaches players to develop an appetite for self-improvement while teaching individual character traits and values.
- The characteristics integrated into our gaming circuit and practice session are broken down into four main areas for analysis:
- Cognitive Development
- Our administrative staff will organize team schedules.
- League games are managed with referees
Typical League game:
- To offer motivated players the opportunity to learn and develop both soccer and life skills in partnership with the highest quality professional coaches.
- To provide an opportunity for players to develop the necessary technique that is essential to the long-term growth and development of their game.
- To organize and teach players to better understand the importance of a practice while creating comfort with the ball.
- To provide players with a small-sided game environment that accentuates development and overall game understanding.
Rates & Discounts:
- Registration open now through August 26, 2022.
- Sibling Discount= $10 off each additional sibling (automatically discounted at check out)
- Team Discount= $25 off. Bring a fully rostered team and each player will receive this discount. Coaches, email email@example.com for your team specific coupon code. Get your code BEFORE registering.
Uniforms: The cost of uniforms is included in all above costs
- All players must register and pay online (in full) prior to the start of the league.
- Rates do not include a 3% Credit Card processing fee for online payments.
Refund Policy or Cancellations:
- If you must cancel, please do so as early as possible.
- All payments are non-refundable unless Santa Barbara SC cancels the league
STOP!!! Are you registering as part of a fully rostered team?? If so, only continue if you have your team specific code ready to use in the registration form. Contact your team’s coach for this information. If you do not register with your team code we cannot guarantee you will be placed accordingly and cannot retroactively provide team registration benefits.
If you are registering as an individual with friend requests, proceed to register and no code is needed.
NOTE: If you wish to add more practice opportunities to your schedule, please check out our Clinics tab at the top of the page or click here
- Proper soccer indoor shoes, sneakers, cleats
- Shin guards
- Water bottle
- Note: Do not bring a ball
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the game
- Check in with your team manager
- Always wear Santa Barbara SC issued game gear.
- Please select appropriate gear size when registering online.
- Your parent/manager will distribute gear prior to the first game.
- All payments are non-refundable unless Santa Barbara SC cancels the league.
- In special circumstances (injury or illness), the club may approve a refund.
- We will do our best to accommodate “friend & buddy” requests.
- This is not a guarantee and we can’t always honor the request.
- A maximum of three (3) Santa Barbara SC (or equivalent level teams) club level players per team is allowed.
- The maximum of three (3) club players can only exceed three (3) if the players are approved by the Director to play up an age group (higher level division).
- This limit is to ensure balanced competition and fair play.
Pre-K- Kindergarten COED (4v4 no goalkeepers – maximum rosters approximately 7 players)
Grades 1-2 Girls & Boys (4v4 no goalkeepers – maximum rosters approximately 7 players)
Grades 3-4 Girls & Boys (5v5 no goalkeepers – maximum rosters approximately 9 players)
Grades 5-6 Girls & Boys (7v7 no goalkeepers- maximum rosters approximately 12 players)
Note: Please note the game formats are tentative. We reserve the right to alter the format depending on the number of registrants, teams and what is best for the development of the players.
Do you offer financial aid?
Santa Barbara SC has the capacity to provide some scholarship assistance for players’ families with financial need. Click here to email your request to league director for scholarship information.
League Rules & Policies
Rosters. Each team’s roster may carry up to a maximum of three (club level) players and a maximum of 3-5 players above league roster size. The maximum of three (3) club players can only exceed (3) if the players are approved by the Director to play up an age group (higher level division).
Format. Each team will play approximately 50 minute games per week (Friday nights), unless the number of teams in the division dictates an alternate format.
Game day. Any team can play down one player (example. 4v4 game you could play 4v3) and still NOT forfeit the game. You CANNOT play down two players. In the event you do have to forfeit, the game will register as the opponent receiving the maximum of 3 points. If one team must forfeit, we will attempt to still play the game using a combination of players from both teams. Please arrive to each and every game regardless of how many players you have.
Forfeit. Your team will forfeit the game if you do not have the correct amount of players at kick-off. NO EXCEPTIONS. The league will start all of the games at the same time, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Minimum Time. Each player on every team must play a minimum of half of each and every game, INCLUDING PLAYOFFS.
Volunteer Coaches & Managers. Only Coaches are allowed on the field. Managers are not allowed on the playing field at any time unless to attend to an injured player. All Volunteer Coaches & Managers must complete a Live Scan process or provide a completed receipt within the calendar year prior to the first game.
Let them play. We encourage a “let the players play” mentality as much as possible. The coach’s primary role should be as a facilitator, allowing players to learn through active play.
Game Day. All games will be scheduled on Fridays between 4:00-8:00pm, and referees will report scores to the league official at the field by turning in the game card, signed by both coaches, immediately after the game. Only referees are to approach and convene at the scoring table to complete the score card. After having agreed with the coaches on the score and obtaining both coach’s signatures, coaches are to proceed to their next game.
Referees. The League Director will defer to the Referee for the final score of any game. Any and all questions and/or concerns regarding any game are to be made via email to the League Director the following day.
Behavior. Coaches are to report inappropriate parent behavior to the League Director to be addressed immediately on site.
Standings. Schedules and standings will be posted on the Santa Barbara SC website.
Points System. A simple point system will be used, 3-points for a win, 1-point will be awarded to both teams for a tie and 0 points for a loss. The league will not post any score over a difference of 3 goals.
- 4-team division. All teams play one 50-minute game (two 25 min halves) with a 5 min halftime each week. After the 9 weeks every team will have played the other 3 teams three times each. The champions and runners up will be based on points determined over the proceeding 9 weeks (No official play-offs).
- 8-team division. After week 7, each team will have played each other twice. On week 8, all teams will play one 50-minute game with a 5-minute halftime. Teams in 1st and 4th place will play (semi-finals), and teams in 2nd and 3rd place will play each other. The winners of these matchups will play for the Championship in week 9. The other 2 teams will play each other in a consolation match. In addition, teams in 5th v. 8th & 6th v. 7th games will play matches as well.
- 12-team division. To begin the league there will be 2 brackets of 6 teams each. After week 5, each team will have played the other 5 teams in their bracket twice. At that point, based on points, the top 3 teams from each bracket will be grouped into a new bracket with the top 3 teams from the other bracket (New bracket A). Similarly, the teams 4-6 from each bracket will be regrouped together to form a second new bracket (New Bracket B). A new schedule will then be posted for each team to play each other once. So, after the first game on week 8, the standings in each bracket will determine the play-off schedule, which will begin with the 2nd game of week 8:
- Bracket A: Team 1 v 4 (Semi-final) Team 2 v 3 (Semi-final) Team 5 v 6
- Bracket B: Team 1 v 2 Team 3 v 4 Team 5 v 6
- Week 9: All games will be 50 minutes with a 5-minute halftime.
- Winners of the 2 semi-final games (Championship game)
- Losers of the 2 semi-final games
- Winners of Bracket A game (5v6) v Winner of Bracket B (1v2) Losers of Bracket A game (5v6) v Winner of Bracket B (1v2) Winners of Bracket B game (3v4) v Winner of Bracket B (5v6) Losers of Bracket B game (3v4) v Losers of Bracket B (5v6)
*Note: In the event of a tie at the end of regulation time, there will be a 5-minute break followed by overtime play until a “Golden Goal” is scored to decide the winner.