AVSL is Santa Barbara Soccer Club’s Adult Co-Ed Soccer League. Our league is an organized, safe, competitive, and friendly environment for adults who want to play soccer. The skill level ranges, and the teams are organized to keep the play as equal and fair as possible. If you are looking to get or keep in shape, make friends, and/or try something new, come check it out!
The recreation leagues are open to adult men and women looking for a fun way to get active. It provides players with a professional game atmosphere to get active with friends, learn or fine tune your soccer skills, enjoy some healthy competition, and most importantly HAVE FUN in a safe and welcoming environment. The program is designed for recreation soccer players of all abilities.
AVSL offers two divisions beginning in 2023. The Champions Division welcomes athletes ages 18-34. The Legends Division welcomes ages 35+.
Ages: Co-ed Sunday adult league for adults age 18 and over.
Champions Division: Ages 18-34 (participant’s age on first game day of season)
Legends Division: Ages 35+ (participant’s age on first game day of season)
Level: Welcome to all levels of skill, from beginner, to intermediate, to advanced players.
Location: Games are played on the turf field at the Santa Barbara City College in La Playa Stadium (136 Loma Alta Dr. Santa Barbara CA 93101).
2023 Team Alignments: Returning players may be reassigned to create a fair yet competitive game experience. You can submit friend requests on the registration form in place of the previous team request option. In an effort to create the best experience for all players, we cannot guarantee placement/friend requests. Rostering is decided by skill level and positional needs for all teams in the league.
- Sundays: August 13- December 17, 2023 (excluding some holidays).
- Registration is open now through July 30th.
- League will include games every Sunday played between 8:30am-7:00pm.
- Games are two 40-minute halves with a 5 minute halftime.
- Rates include all matches (17 games) and a game-day uniform.
- $250 per player for the whole season.
- No refunds.
- Games are 11 v 11 with open substitutions.
- Predicted Division Sizes (subject to change): Champions Division will have 8 teams. Legends Division will have 6 teams.
Game formats are tentative – we reserve the right to alter the format depending on the number of registrants, teams and what is best for the development of the pla
- Registration is open now through July 30th. (Those who register after the deadline will be placed on a waitlist and are not guaranteed a spot in the league. A full refund will be issued in the event of no placement.)
- Registration fee= $250
- KEEPER DISCOUNT- 50% off- available to full-time goalkeepers (exempt from playing field position) Email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering to receive discount code!
Uniforms: The cost of uniforms is included in all above costs.
- Can register individually or with friend requests. Please mark your selection appropriately on the registration form.
- If you are a Legends Division player (age 35+) and would like to request to play in the Champions Division (ages 18-34) please select the “Division Transfer Request” box on the registration form.
- Champions Division players (ages 18-34) may be eligible to play in the Legends Division (ages 35+) if their desired competition level/skill level permits.
- Division Transfer Requests are not guaranteed and will be reviewed by league leadership (team coaches & league administration) for final decision. No refunds will be provided if your transfer request is denied.
- All players must register and pay online (in full) prior to the start of the league.
- Rates do not include a 3% Credit Card processing fee for online payments.
Refund Policy or Cancellations:
- If you must cancel, please do so as early as possible.
- All payments are non-refundable unless Santa Barbara SC cancels the league.
- Benefits cannot be applied retroactively.
- Season Ending Injuries= A prorated credit can be applied to future season. No refunds. (Only valid for first half of season.)
Thank you to our sponsors!
To learn more about how to become a sponsor, contact the Director of Recreational Programs at email@example.com.
Mark, Brandon, Ben, and Robbie. The crew that keeps hundreds of our adult athletes playing the game in a safe, fair, fun, and competitive environment.
Santa Barbara SC has the capacity to provide some scholarship assistance. Email Bianca for further scholarship information.