Driven to learn.
- First. To learn, to comprehend ones self and environment, to create a better athlete and player. Possesses humility and is first to listen.
- Second. Eager to create a bond between parents, players and team.
- Third. Driven to learn and acquire proper badges. Thrives on obtaining current knowledge of the game to share with players.
- Fourth. Lifestyle is everything, must live up to the standards in which players look up to.
- Fifth. Adaptability and willingness to be a team player in relationship to club language, professional standards and coaching systems and styles of play.
Santa Barbara SC Director of Coaching feels coaches develop comfort with various coaching methods in order to be able to adapt to all players. But, the overlying priority must be one that encourages players to provide their OWN solutions and decisions to the game.
Coaching Style. We encourage coaches to lean on their respective personalities, backgrounds and experiences.
Guided Discovery. Leading players to the answers.
Command. Provide direct instruction and specific roles and responsibilities, then ask for exact outcome.
Problem Solving. We encourage coaches to ask questions, but then allow player to experiment or explore for solutions.
Modeling. We encourage coaches to ask questions, but then allow player to experiment or explore for solutions