Santa Barbara SC is excited to partner with Joga Fustal to enhance our curriculum and assist players in providing additional opportunities to improve their individual control, skills, and touch. Futsal demands quick reflexes, fast thinking and pin-point passing and helps hone ball-striking and ball handling technique. Great soccer superstars such as Pele, Zico, Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka and Katia grew up playing the game and credit futsal with developing their skills.
Ages: 2016 – 2009 Birth Years, Santa Barbara SC and Central Coast Academy boys and girls teams
Level: Competitive ‘club’ level players
Location: Earl Warren Show Grounds (3400 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA 93105) and Buellton Community Center (301 Second Street, Suite A, Buellton, CA 93427)
Format: All 2016-2009 players in the club will have one additional futsal session available every week to provide an option of an additional ‘3rd day’ of training.
For all dates, times and locations view your team level Playmetrics schedule.
Spring schedule: The week of March 6 to and including May 15, 2023 (Off Spring Break= Week of March 27, 2023): 10- Week program.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 4:30-6:00pm @ Earl Warren Showground
Friday from 6:00 to 7:30pm 2010 & Older Girls @ Buellton Recreation Center
Why is futsal a critical part of the Santa Barbara SC curriculum?
- Futsal is an extremely important way for kids to develop their skills and understanding of the game.
- The speed and fluidity of the Futsal game supports players in understanding and improving their skills in the transition (counter-attacking) phase.
- In Futsal, teams are often either defending a counter-attack or they are in the process of launching one after breaking down their opponents.
- This quick transition play is recognized in modern football as a vital component for young players to understand and apply.
- This ebbing and flowing of the game also results in all players being required to feel comfortable.
To enhance the overall experience, effective Fall 2022 we will be conducting an inner club league in conjunction with Joga futsal.
What’s the goal of the Santa Barbara SC & Joga Futsal partnership?
- Provides players with much needed additional touches on the ball.
- Accelerates the decision-making process.
- Increases the speed of play.
- Provides an emphasis on ball control and technique.
- Develops a mentality around the goal, increasing the finishing opportunities.
- Enhances attacking and defending as well as transitional moments.
- Provokes thought and supportive play.
“Futsal is by no means the magic cure for developing technically competent soccer players, but Santa Barbara SC believes Futsal can support and play an important role in improving the technical qualities of the future generation of players transitioning into Zone 3 of our developmental curriculum.”
Contact your manager/coach for your team’s schedule.
For Additional Questions Contact:
- Futsal Director: Willie Sims
“Futsal is an excellent vehicle to help develop and improve intelligence, speed of play, skills, technique, and creativity.”
— Andrew Montenegro, DOC