Santa Barbara SC is excited to partner with Joga Fustal to enhance our curriculum and assist players in providing additional opportunities to improve their individual control, skills, and touch. Futsal demands quick reflexes, fast thinking and pin-point passing and helps hone ball-striking and ball handling technique. Great soccer superstars such as Pele, Zico, Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka and Katia grew up playing the game and credit futsal with developing their skills.
Ages: U9 – U13 (2013 – 2006 Birth Years), Santa Barbara SC boys and girls teams
Level: Competitive ‘club’ level players
Location: Earl Warren Show Grounds (3400 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA 93105)
Format: All Santa Barbara SC teams will have a minimum of two fall ‘mandatory’ futsal sessions. All 2013-2006 players in the club will have one additional futsal session available every week to provide an option of an additional ‘3rd day’ of training.
- 10-week schedule (boys & girls)
- January 25 to May 10, 2021
- Note: No sessions week of March 22, 2021(Spring Break)
- 4:00-5:30pm (2008 & 2007 MLS Boys)
- 3:00-4:00pm (2010 Boys White, 2011 Boys White & Blue & 2012 Boys White)
- 4:00-5:30pm (2013 Boys Elite, 2012 Boys Elite, 2010 Boys Elite, 2009 Boys White)
- 5:30-7:00pm (2011 Boys Elite, 2010 Boys White & Blue, 2009 Boys Blue)
- 7:00-8:30pm (2008 Boys White & Blue, 2007 Boys White & Blue)
- 3:00-4:30pm (2011 Girls White & Elite, 2010 Girls White, 2012 Girls Elite & White)
- 4:30-6:00pm ( 2009 Girls Elite & White & 2008 Girls White 2010 Girls Elite)
- 6:00-7:30pm ( 2008 Girls Elite, 2007 Girls Elite, 2007 White Girls, 2006 Non High School Boys & Girls)
Why futsal is a critical part of the Santa Barbara SC curriculum?
- Futsal is an extremely important way for kids to develop their skills and understanding of the game.
- The speed and fluidity of the Futsal game supports players in understanding and improving their skills in the transition (counter-attacking) phase.
- In Futsal, teams are often either defending a counter-attack or they are in the process of launching one after breaking down their opponents.
- This quick transition play is recognized in modern football as a vital component for young players to understand and apply.
- This ebbing and flowing of the game also results in all players being required to feel comfortable.
What’s the goal of the Santa Barbara SC & Joga Futsal partnership?
- Provides players with much needed additional touches on the ball.
- Accelerates the decision-making process.
- Increases the speed of play.
- Provides an emphasis on ball control and technique.
- Develops a mentality around the goal, increasing the finishing opportunities.
- Enhances attacking and defending as well as transitional moments.
- Provokes thought and supportive play.
“Futsal is by no means the magic cure for developing a technically competent soccer players, but Santa Barbara SC believes Futsal can support and play an important role in improving the technical qualities of the future generation of players transitioning into Zone 3 of our developmental curriculum.”
“Futsal is excellent vehicle to help develop and improve intelligence, speed of play, skills, technique and creativity.”
— Greg Wilson, DOC