Santa Barbara SC is excited to partner with Joga Fustal to enhance our curriculum and assist players in providing additional opportunities to improve their individual control, skills, and touch. Futsal demands quick reflexes, fast thinking and pin-point passing and helps hone ball-striking and ball handling technique. Great soccer superstars such as Pele, Zico, Ronaldo, Messi, Kaka and Katia grew up playing the game and credit futsal with developing their skills.
Ages: U9 – U13 (2014 – 2008 Birth Years), Santa Barbara SC and Central Coast Academy boys and girls teams
Level: Competitive ‘club’ level players
Location: Earl Warren Show Grounds (3400 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA 93105) and Buellton Community Center (301 Second Street, Suite A, Buellton, CA 93427)
Format: All 2014-2008 players in the club will have one additional futsal session available every week to provide an option of an additional ‘3rd day’ of training.
- 11-week schedule (boys & girls)
- Conducted the weeks of September 6th to and including the week of November 15th
- Boys 2014, 2013 & 2012 (All level teams) from 3:15-4:30pm
- Boys 2011 Elite, White & Blue & 2010 White & Blue from 4:30-5:45pm
- Boys 2010 Elite, 2009 Elite White & Blue, 2008 Elite & White from 5:45-7:00pm at Earl Warren Showground
- Girls 2013, 2012 & 2011 (All level teams) & 2010 White from 3:45-5:00pm
- Girls 2010 Elite, 2009 Elite/White & 2008 White from 5:00-6:30pm at Earl Warren Showground
- Note: 90 minutes instead of 75 minutes due to size of the group.
- Girls 2009 to 2008 (All level teams) 6:00- 7:30pm at Buellton Community Center
- *Note: 90 minutes instead of 75 minutes due to size of the group.
Why futsal is a critical part of the Santa Barbara SC curriculum?
- Futsal is an extremely important way for kids to develop their skills and understanding of the game.
- The speed and fluidity of the Futsal game supports players in understanding and improving their skills in the transition (counter-attacking) phase.
- In Futsal, teams are often either defending a counter-attack or they are in the process of launching one after breaking down their opponents.
- This quick transition play is recognized in modern football as a vital component for young players to understand and apply.
- This ebbing and flowing of the game also results in all players being required to feel comfortable.
What’s the goal of the Santa Barbara SC & Joga Futsal partnership?
- Provides players with much needed additional touches on the ball.
- Accelerates the decision-making process.
- Increases the speed of play.
- Provides an emphasis on ball control and technique.
- Develops a mentality around the goal, increasing the finishing opportunities.
- Enhances attacking and defending as well as transitional moments.
- Provokes thought and supportive play.
“Futsal is by no means the magic cure for developing a technically competent soccer players, but Santa Barbara SC believes Futsal can support and play an important role in improving the technical qualities of the future generation of players transitioning into Zone 3 of our developmental curriculum.”
“Futsal is excellent vehicle to help develop and improve intelligence, speed of play, skills, technique and creativity.”
— Greg Wilson, DOC