Santa Barbara SC Pre-Academy & MLS Included in Benefits
Boys: 2014, 2013 & 2012 Elite (Pre-Academy) & 2011 to 2005/6 (MLS)
INTRODUCTION, REGISTRATION, UNIFORMS, & PAYMENT DETAILS
Thank you for participating in our Pre-Academy & MLS tryouts with Santa Barbara Soccer Club! Player selection will begin in March (Pre-Academy) and May (MLS). For those who have attended tryouts, you will be notified of your next steps shortly.
All Pre-Academy & MLS players will be invited to their team via PlayMetrics email. To accept your roster spot, please follow the instructions on your player invite email. To confirm your player’s placement, you will need to make sure you have completed the following WTIHIN 5 DAYS OF RECEIVING AN INVITE:
1) Register online in PlayMetrics and accept the rates, terms, and conditions, and upload required documentation; 2) Make initial monthly payment, and set up auto pay for future payments. You may also pay your annual monthly subscription at the time of registration for your convenience.
Training & Game Uniforms:
MLS Next specific game and training uniforms are required for all players. All players will be required to purchase the mandatory custom game day player kit that includes 2 game jerseys (home/away), 1 game short, 2 socks, and warm-up top and bottom. Pricing and links can be found online. Uniforms must be sized, and jersey numbers approved by team managers prior to ordering. Additional information for selected players will be provided during registration nights. Do not order uniforms until provided a team-specific online link.
Fees & Payment Details:
Santa Barbara SC packages all of our services into one monthly membership fee. Monthly fees include all trainings, games, and additional member benefits (see backside). By accepting your spot, you are agreeing to a 12 month membership commitment.
Financial Aid: Santa Barbara SC has the capacity to provide some financial assistance for players’ families with financial need. ALL families must apply via the Playmetrics App. All Financial Aid applications are due by March 12, 2023.
Boys Teams (2014, 2013 & 2012 Elite)
Membership: $208 per Month* (Less than $9 an hour)
Boys Teams (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 & 2005/6 Elite)
Membership: $238 per Month* (Less than $9 an hour)
Payment Details: Player fees can be paid in full at the time of registration, or made in 12 monthly payments. Payments are accepted online with credit card (+3% convenience fee), or ACH. Player fees are non-refundable, except for injury, loss of income/move, or in cases where team alignment has changed after invite. All fees are due by the 15th of each month to remain eligible. Fees paid on the 15th of each month apply to services provided on the 16th to the 14th of the subsequent month. I.e. fees received on March 15 will cover March 16 to April 14th. All players will be charged a one-time $75 Field Development fee at registration.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS DEFINED
- Professional US Soccer Federation Certified A & B Licensed Coaches
- Full-time Directors of Soccer, Director of Coaching and Academy Director
- Dedicated Academy Goalkeeping Director and Assistant Coaching Staff
- Full Time Registrar
Training & Developmental Environment:
- Club-wide curriculum, developmental plan and periodization.
- The best game circuit, leagues (MLS and SoCal) and training facilities on the Central Coast.
- Annual school calendar year training plan (August to end of June) including 3 weekly training sessions (1.5-2 hours each daily); totaling approximately 44 weeks of 250+ training hours a year.
- Strength and Conditioning supplemental training program (MLS)
- Individual Development Plans (player evaluations) completed two times annually.
- MLS: Competitive 11-month gaming circuit with 25-30 games per season, including one National Showcase event.
- Pre-Academy: 2023 Fall SoCal League & NEW 2023 Spring League team registration (or equivalent tournament registration) excluding referee fees. As well as State or National Cup Team Registration (or equivalent tournament) excluding referee fees.
- NEW 2-month (June & July 2023) summer league pick-up games (2011 to 2005 birth years).
- Goalkeeping (2017 to 2005 birth years).
- International Trips exclusive through EPL Sports (2010 to 2005 birth years).
- Community Outreach, Mentorship & Jr Coaches programming
- College Placement Program, Seminars and resources center (2009 to 2005 birth years).
- Secondary supplemental insurance coverage for all players at all MLS Next and SBSC organized events.
- Levels of access to financial support through club scholarship program.
- NEW Exclusive discount rates ($50 off half or full day camp rates for 5 available summer weeks) on Santa Barbara SC soccer day camps (Pre-Academy Teams).
- Special rates on fan gear.
- NEW Santa Barbara SC exclusive team and individual online travel booking services (hotel, flights, cars…).