Central Coast Academy is excited to partner with Joga Fustal to enhance our curriculum and assist players in providing additional opportunities to improve their individual control, skills, and touch. Futsal demands quick reflexes, fast thinking and pin-point passing and helps hone ball-striking and ball handling technique.
Ages: All CCA Santa Ynez Kickers Age Group Teams
Level: Competitive ‘club’ level players
Location: Buellton Community Center (301 Second Street, Suite A, Buellton, CA 93427)
Format: All players in the club will have one additional futsal session available every week to provide an option of an additional ‘3rd day’ of training.
For all times and locations view your team level Playmetrics team level schedule.
Spring age group schedule:
Announcing 8-week spring program from
March 17 to and including May 26, 2023
Note: Excluding April 7 (Spring Break) & May 5 & 12 (Gym Closed)
All CCA Santa Ynez Kickers teams (Boys & Girls)
Friday’s from 6:00 to 7:30pm
@ Buellton Recreation Center
Why is futsal a critical part of the Central Coast Academy curriculum?
- Futsal is an extremely important way for kids to develop their skills and understanding of the game.
- The speed and fluidity of the Futsal game supports players in understanding and improving their skills in the transition (counter-attacking) phase.
- In Futsal, teams are often either defending a counter-attack or they are in the process of launching one after breaking down their opponents.
- This quick transition play is recognized in modern football as a vital component for young players to understand and apply.
- This ebbing and flowing of the game also results in all players being required to feel comfortable.
- General Information
What are the goals of the Central Coast Academy & Joga Futsal partnership?
- Provide players with much needed additional touches on the ball.
- Accelerate the decision-making process.
- Increase the speed of play.
- Provide an emphasis on ball control and technique.
- Develop a mentality around the goal, increasing the finishing opportunities.
- Enhance attacking and defending as well as transitional moments.
- Provoke thought and supportive play.
“Futsal is by no means the magic cure for developing technically competent soccer players, but Central Coast Academy believes Futsal can support and play an important role in improving the technical qualities of the future generation of players transitioning into Zone 3 of our developmental curriculum.”
Willie Sims, Academy Director