The Santa Barbara SC EDUCO Players’ Academy program provides a perfect environment for SELECTED 5-8 year old (pre-travel/competitive) advanced players to develop age and ability appropriate soccer skills. The program is designed for in-house, competitive based (pre-travel) players to receive a professionally coached, educational curriculum, organized and managed experience. We provide a fun, educational introduction to the forging ground that encompasses the mental, physical, technical and tactical aspects of the game of soccer. The clinics provide a learning environment that will assist in forming the character traits that will serve children for the rest of their lives.
Ages. 5 to 8 year old boys and girls
Level. Advanced ‘selected’ recreational (pre-club) players
Location. Girsh-Hochman Field Turf (7050 Phelps Road, Goleta, CA 93117)
Dates. Fridays, September 18 to November 20, 2020 from 3:45pm to 5:00pm
Rates. $175 per player for a 10-week program (first time participants must purchase a club training kit upon registration for $25)
Discounts. Sibling are $10-off each additional child enrolled. You must email the Recreation Administrator for discount code prior to registering
Program. Teaches players to develop an appetite for self improvement while teaching individual character traits and values. The characteristics integrated into our curriculum can be broken down into four main areas for analysis: Psychomotor, Cognitive, Psychosocial and Cognitive Development.
Staff. Our professional, licensed coaches strive for excellence at all times by planning, organizing and administering a comprehensive age appropriate development plan.
Typical Practice. The program includes any of the below four pillars: Warm-Up, Session Topic, Character Development and Games.
Character Lesson Plans. As part of the program, players will have weekly character lesson plans to build on the club’s core values; respect, leadership, education and community, character and endurance. have weekly journals and character lesson plans build on the clubs core values; respect, leadership, education and community, character and endurance.
Goals. Offer all motivated and talented youth players the opportunity to learn and develop both soccer and life skills in partnership with the highest quality professional coaches. Provide an opportunity for players to develop the necessary technique that is essential to the long-term growth and development of their game. We will organize, teach and discipline players to better understand the importance of a training regimen while creating comfort with the ball. Players will be provided with a small-sided game environment that accentuates development and overall game understanding.
- What to bring. Do not bring a ball. Wear proper soccer indoor flats, sneakers, cleats, wear shin guards and bring a water bottle. Wear your Santa Barbara SC issued practice uniform
- Check in & out. Please arrive at class 15 minutes prior to the start of each session and pick-up promptly at completion
- Required practice kit. Everyone child must wear Santa Barbara SC issue practice gear (Shirt, Shorts & Socks) to each practice. You can determine your child’s kit sizes and purchase at the field on the first practice session. The store will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the first session.
- Medical release form. You do not need to bring a hard copy as every parent completes this waiver online when completing registration
- Scholarships. Limited financial assistance available, email Recreation Administrator for application process.
- Refund policy or cancellations. If you must cancel, please do so as early as possible so that we can forward you a program credit via email. All ONLINE payments are non-refundable unless Santa Barbara SC cancels the EDUCO Players Academy program
Payment. Since this program is for ‘selected’ players only your registration details will be emailed with child’s program invitation. Mail in registration only available if not capable of completing online (If paying by check, please make payable to Santa Barbara SC, with your player’s name in the memo section.)