The Santa Barbara SC developmental clinics provides a perfect environment for 5-10 year old players of all levels – from beginner to advanced – to develop age and ability appropriate soccer skills. The program is designed for in-house, recreational base (non travel) players to receive a curriculum based, professionally coached, organized and managed experience. We provide a fun, educational introduction to the forging ground that encompasses the mental, physical, technical and tactical aspects of the game of soccer. The clinics provide a learning environment that will assist in forming the character traits that will serve children for the rest of their lives.
Ages. 5 to 10 year old boys and girls
Level. Beginner to advanced recreational (pre-club) players
Location. Girsh-Hochman Field Turf (7050 Phelps Road, Goleta, CA 93117
Tuesday’s, September 15 to November 17, 2020 & Thursday’s, September 17 to November 19, 2020
5:30pm to 6:30pm for 5 to 7 year old boys & girls
6:30 to 7:30pm for 8 to 10 year old boys & girls
Rates. $175 per player for a 10-week program (first time participants must purchase a club training kit for $25)
Discounts. Sibling are $10-off each additional child enrolled. You must email the Recreation Administrator for discount code prior to registering
Clinic. Teaches players to develop an appetite for self improvement while teaching individual character traits and values. The characteristics integrated into our curriculum can be broken down into four main areas for analysis: Psychomotor, Cognitive, Psychosocial and Cognitive Development.
Staff. Our professional licensed coaches strives for excellence at all times by planning, organizing and administering a comprehensive age appropriate development plan.
Typical Practice. As part of the program would include any of the below four pillars: Warm-Up, Session Topic, Character Development and Games.
Goals. Offer all motivated and talented youth players the opportunity to learn and develop both soccer and life skills in partnership with the highest quality professional coaches. Provide an opportunity for players to develop the necessary technique that is essential to the long-term growth and development of their game. We will organize, teach and discipline players to better understand the importance of a training regiment while creating comfort with the ball. Players will be provided with small-sided game environments that accentuates development and overall game understanding.
- What to bring. Do not bring a ball. Wear proper soccer indoor flats, sneakers, cleats, wear shin guards and bring a water bottle. Wear your Santa Barbara SC issued practice uniform
- Check in & out. Please arrive at class 15 minutes prior to the start of each session and pick-up promptly at completion
- Required practice kit. Everyone child must wear Santa Barbara SC issue practice gear (Shirt, Shorts & Socks) to each practice. You can determine your child’s kit sizes and purchase at the field on the first practice session. The store will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the first session.
- Medical release form. You do not need to bring a hard copy as every parent completes this waiver online when completing registration
- Scholarships. Limited financial assistance available, email Recreation Administrator for application process.
- Refund policy or cancellations. If you must cancel, please do so as early as possible so that we can forward you a program credit via the mail. All ONLINE payments are non-refundable unless Santa Barbara SC cancels the Developmental Clinics.
Payment. Click here to register your child. Mail in registration only available if not capable of completing online (checks payable to Santa Barbara SC)